Stocklist need some ideas

biodarwin

Reefing newb
2 Misbar Clowns 6” (Already have)
1 Red Velvet Wrasse 3.5”
1 Golden Midas Blenny 4”
2 Skunk Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs

Here is what I want to get for my 55 gallon. I really wanted to add a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse but I dont think the 2 wrasses would like it in a small tank like my own. I need some ideas on a good centerpiece fish. Something colorful and active preferably 3-5 inches in size. I'd like to keep the price under $300. It will probably be the last fish I add to the tank. I plan on adding corals later as well so any reccomendations should be reef safe.

Any suggestions?

aside from a whole host of inverts (snails/hermits ect) i would stock it with a couple of smaller schooling fish....something that will stay in the middle of the water column. but if your looking for one larger fish i would get a kole tang or dwarf angel...coral beauty maybe. careful with the inverts though!

aside from a whole host of inverts (snails/hermits ect) i would stock it with a couple of smaller schooling fish....something that will stay in the middle of the water column. but if your looking for one larger fish i would get a kole tang or dwarf angel...coral beauty maybe. careful with the inverts though!
not enough space for a school of fish, kole tangs need way larger tanks then that, nothing less then 75 gallons

I thought about the yellow-eyed kole tang. But I don't think I could put a 8" fish in a 55 gallon.

If 2 wrasse can co-exist would a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse be alright with a red velvet? They are both Cirrhilabrus.

The golden midas bleenies are one of my favorites. They are lot more interesting looking than the normal yellow ones. That is why it is already on my list :)

I don't know about the two wrasses you mentioned -- some are aggressive. The leopard wrasse usually gets along with everyone because it's a very passive fish.

Back