Strange green star polyps?

I have some green star polyps in my 90, lit with a 150W 14,000K metal halide. My green star polyps only come out a tiny bit when the lights are on, but when they are off, they extend much more. I've tried moving powerheads, adjusting the height in the tank, just about everything, and this is the happiest it has seemed so far. What could be wrong with it?

maybe the MHs are to intense for them? Have you tried them in a lower area of your tank that doesn't get direct MH lighting. I had some of those before and they did well near the side of the tank on the bottom and I have 150w MH lamp as well.

That's what I was thinking, but when they were farther from the light, they did worse, not coming out at all. May try them lower again, as I've done a slight rescape, so maybe they'll like it better now. What do yours seem to like for flow? So far mine seem like they don't mind a bit of flow.

I sold mine when I broke down the tank but I would say the flow they had was medium flow. Enough they were blowing around some but not so much they were flattened.

Yeah, mine are in medium flow, but when I do a water change and I turned off one of the powerheads that was somewhat close to them they came out pretty quick. I'm thinking lower and less flow. Worth a try I think.

Back