stunner led strips good idea?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I have the marineland reef led lighting fixture right now and all my corals are doing great. All softies and lps. I want to start getting into sps corals but I don't think i have enough light with this fixture alone. I found the led stunner strips on liveaquaria and thought maybe these added with the light I have now would bump it up enough? If I added one or two stunned strips would I have enough light for sps? I really like the led lighting look.

The stunners are nice and compact so they should at least fit nicely on your existing set up. Instead of adding lights start with some medium light SPS like montipora or hydnaphoras. If they do well that would probably be a good initial test. I'm thinking start them at the bottom the first week or so. Then move them half way up the tank and see what happens. Don't forget hydnas will sting anything near it.

You could also try some deeper water acros, they don't require as much light since they're harvested much deeper.

I believe 27 bulbs and its a 29 gallon. Yea I would prlly plan on putting them towards the top to make sure they deff had enough light.

Birdnest will be iffy but why not give it a shot. It's easy to tell if they're happy since you know what the polyp extension should look like. They also love to be at the top of the tank.

Back