Sump build

outlazz

Reefing newb
Well ive wanted to build a sump for a while now but since i work for the state of PA money has been a problem. Since im going to be getting over one months back pay next week i think its time to start the build. So heres the list so far....

the sump Aquarium Filters: Continuous Siphon Overflow

the tank (i may use a 20g long i have sitting around) Reef Aquarium Filtration: Eshopps Reef Sumps

the 1100 rated for 294 gph Aquarium Circulation and Water Pumps: Marineland Maxi-Jet Utility Pumps

Is there anything else i may need. Also what would a good in in sump skimmer be for this setup? any input of suggestions would be appreciated

well thoes overflows and sump would work, but what i have learned(the hard way) is that if you need a pump to remove the air from your overflow, then your not moving enough gallons per hour through it...
and you can build your own sump for way cheaper than thoes are...

as for skimmers, i've been researching this myself, cause i'm about to move my system around and need a better skimmer to go in my new sump, and the majority of the people that i have talked to say that the octopus is the way to go, so, i'm looking at the 150 for my 75gal tank, now i just gotta come up with the cash.

Unless you were going to have a hugh sump I agree it's better and cheaper to build your own. That way you can set it up the way you want and also plan for placement of the items you want in it.

Back