Sump ...HELP!

ooooh that is nice!

The hardest part about the gate valve was that it took extreme effort to turn in either direction, resulting in large corrections each attempt.

Don't pay $30. for one of those pvc gate valves. Hardware stores have the same thing for less than $10.

All these posts....It's about time for some pics from you. Geez, stop working for a minute and pick up the camera already!

I know...but hey after thursday I'll be on vacation/leave for 2-3 weeks while we adjust to a new baby boy, I plan on getting a lot done during that time.

I know its odd I consider a new baby to be a slow down period, while busy I WILL be at the house and can run and get pieces glued or painted during naps and the like.

Haha yeah we are stopping at 2 I think, we have an 18 month old daughter. She can tear a room up something quick.

Last night she was HELPING me with rig the plumbing for my return and thought it would be funny to see how much water she can pour on a full powerstrip...luckily..nothing shorted out and no one was electrocuted....I have since made sure to double secure everything water related. :)

My wife gives me a 100$/month budget and I would really really like to get some more coral this month...so a 6$ solution is not a bad option considering I already own the 6$ worth of pvc needed.

Mmm, when I can start selling frags(hence the need for more coral) I've got a cool acrylic frag tray using short lengths of acrylic rods as a plug in mind, should allow for better flow and detritus movement away from the frags as well as not block light and allow for multiple levels of frags in the same water column!

My LFS sells 0 coral since they don't normally order it and the guy in the shop hasn't had the time or the coral to frag himself.

My wife gives me a 100$/month budget and I would really really like to get some more coral this month...so a 6$ solution is not a bad option considering I already own the 6$ worth of pvc needed.

DANG
Your allotted about 99 more dollars a month than I am:shock: :mrgreen:

what yall get a budget for this. I have to hide it from something else. for example, I am gonna eat lunch today then I dont and pocket the money for corals. Before I was trying to sell plasma but I was getting to run down.

What is this allowance that you speak of? You mean that you actually get to hold real money ? What a novel idea. This seems like crazy talk to me.

I've never seen PVC gate valves at lowes, just ball valves. Gate valves shouldn't be difficult to rotate, ball valves are usually the ones that are difficult. The only PVC related gate valves I've ever seen at the hardware store are PVC-Brass ones which is obviously a no.

Aahhh I stand corrected they were waste and stop valves not gates. I was wondering will a brass Valve be ok? Not copper

Back