sump help????

siejack8484

Reefing newb
ok i had my sump up and running for a day n half wit no problems, so i thought. the water in the return section will decrease so much and so fast the intake doesnt catch up for some odd reason? i have 1 inch tubing running from the overflow box to the sump and the pump is 720gph with smaller tubing? this cause the water level to go down so much my pump jus shoots bubbles into my tank
why wont the intake keep up with the return pump?

what is the overflow rated for? did you put a ball valve coming off your return pump? if so try to adjust it and see if the overflow can catch up to the flow of the return.. I have heard of people using an overflow rated for 800gph and only been able to get 400gph out of it..

what is the overflow rated for? did you put a ball valve coming off your return pump? if so try to adjust it and see if the overflow can catch up to the flow of the return.. I have heard of people using an overflow rated for 800gph and only been able to get 400gph out of it..

The over flow is rated for 600 gph but I was told my return pump would loose gph as it went up the bak of the tank so I got a 720 gph pump thinkin that's wat I need for the over flow

You should put a "T" in the line returning to your tank. One side goes back up to the tank and one side goes back into the sump. Put a ball valve on the side that goes back into the sump to regulate the flow that way.

If you use a sponge or the grated plastic thing that comes with a lot of overflows it will slow things down quite a bit. I have a 600gph rated overflow that has no flow restrictions that I'm sure is handling over 800gph.

Back