Sump/Refugium Placement

poolshark181

Reefing newb
ok here's my problem with getting a sump/refugium for my tank. my stand has no where to put it. the small cabinet that is glass enclosed is far too narrow to fit a sump in. unless i were to make a 5" long 5" wide 2' tall sump/refugium to fit in there, which probably is not the correct dimensions for a sump/fuge. any ideas on how to fit something there?

hob fuges are out as i only have about 5"-7" clearance at the back, enough to JUST fit my hob aquac skimmer. im contemplating making my own stand, but the idea of moving my tank onto another stand is daunting. any ideas? thanks.

P1050031.jpg

forgot to rotate the picture, eheh, sorry, you get the general idea of my setup though.

I would build a stand larger then the tank.Building one the same size still may not give you enough space.Looking at the pic of the stand,there's just no room for a sump.You could always set the sump on a short table or on the floor next to the stand....but that would look tacky.

With my old 55, I couldn't fit a sump beneath the tank, so I put it on the floor next to the tank. It looked ugly, but it worked.

If you set it next to the floor there should be a way to conceal it. Not sure what you would have to do though. I'm tryinf to come up with a way to conceal the back of my tank. I have it between two rooms.

maybe you could build a stand to set beside the tank. the sump would go under the stand, with a pair of doors on the front. it could be disqused as a cabinet or something

Back