Sun Coral?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I've always wanted one..and I just got a gift card to my LFS. So I called them today and they'll have one in by Monday-Tuesday. Any advice for me with this little guy? Going to get a small piece to try it out. I've built my rockwork so I have an area that'll get mostly shade, low-medium flow. Aside from feeding them every 3-4 nights, what else am I in for?

This is my favorite coral, next to SPS, but I am to lazy to feed it so much. My Hubby is working on a phytoplankton reactor for our 850 so once he has that done, I have a spot saved for orange, black and red sun corals.... one day :)

I had a large piece of Sun Coral that died during my tank boil. At least I thought it did. There are tiny babies coming out of the base that seem to be growing and doing well and I never spot feed them because I forget about them. :dunno:

I had a large piece of Sun Coral that died during my tank boil. At least I thought it did. There are tiny babies coming out of the base that seem to be growing and doing well and I never spot feed them because I forget about them. :dunno:

Remember to spot feed them and get them to come back :) I dare you!

Speaking of pics, I want a thread dedicated to YOUR darts. Hurry up with those pictures please!

I will add some pics, I have a thread in the off topic forum I will search it out and update it for you :) You can also hit the link thats in my signature that will take you to my viv build thread. :Cheers:

another tip... they don't like light so try to put them under a ledge or out of the direct light. Also like stated, feed each head every day.

i have a yellow ones, i got it very cheap because it was very small and had 3 to 4 polyps, now i have at least 12 to 15 polyps, happy and doing very well. i feed every polyp at least 3 times weekly, if u have fish or shrimp like i do, it is much harder since u have to protect it from those nasty thieves, lol

Check out:
Melevsreef.com - Suncoral

At first he was feeding them every day but later on he was only feeding them around 2 times a week and still had healthy corals. I'm not expert though, I just happened to read this a couple weeks ago.

Back