Supplements ?

mmfrock

Reefing newb
Hi everyone,

In the past, i never added supplements because i was inexpereinced and didn't know what i was doing. I am beginning to learn. I am now adding these supplements once a week and I am seeing some results: trace, iron/manganese, stronium/molybendum and iodide. I am seeing an increase in the coloration of my corals and some growth.

My question is:
Is there anything else I should be adding to my tank? PLease reccommend specifc brands that you use, thank you!!

Do you have test kits for everything that you are supplementing? I would recommend that you don't supplement if you can't test your levels for that supplement. Can be dangerous.

+1 Chichi. Don't dose any additives unless you are testing for them. How do you know you aren't overdosing? Most people with a basic reef tank don't use additives as long as they are doing water changes regularly. The salt mix contains all of those elements in the correct balance.

Well I have not been testing, however, i have also not been dosing as much as the bottle reccomends. The bottled recomend dosing every 4-7 days and I do it about once every two weeks. I'll look into testing...but thanks for the info. I was just wondering if there was anything else...b/c i dont think im overdosing b/c im obviously seeing improvements that just my salt mix alone isnt doing...

Back