switching to a wet dry

0811Ray

Reefing newb
Hello everyone im in need of some help ive been runnin a rena x2 canister filter for about two years n want to switch to a wet dry system... the reason I didn't get it the first time around was because it looked so complicated... I think im ready for the challenge I have a 45 gallon bow front aquarium. I would like to kno wut size wet dry I would need n wut other stuff I would need to get it running .. oh planning to upgrade my tank to a 75g in the future so would like a sump that can work for both .... help n thanx in advance

Try aqueon sumps and accessories. Model 2 will work for both. Eshoops reef sump rs-75 will also work for you. You could also try a diy sump if you feel up to it

Is there different types of model 2 cause I found a proflex sump 1100gph on ebay is that the one?... checked it out on YouTube n look like its an easy install very excited. .. thanx mario in advance

Yep thats the one. 21/11/19 high. Up to 75g. I also like the reeflo blowhole pumps. I use it because i run mine in the basement with alot of head pressure. 3 settings on it bh1100. There are other good pumps out there too, i like the 3 adjustible set points. But im running on my own logic(pc controlled) for different settings though out the day. The gph are 625/915/1100gph.

Sounds like u have a crazy set up ... hopefully I get tbere one day... another question what overflow box am I going to need.. n if u can give me a list of other things I might need to put in the sump to get it running. ..

I have a cpr overflow, i dont like it, but it does its job. It requires a lifter pump with a fulter to work. Bad idea imo. I know eshoops have them too but i noticed alot of issues people have on you tube. Eshoops would be the pf 300 to pf1200. Thats max gph that the sump could handle with pf1200. Cpr doesnt seem to give a model just in gph. Now it is totally up to you what you want in a sump. Deep sand bed,live rock, cheato, mangroves, the skys the limit for you. Just be aware, on that sump you may need 2 smaller heaters instead of one correct sized one to fit in there correctly.

Sorry i gave you the wrong # on that sump. Its not the rs-75, it is aqueon proflex sump model 2. The rs-75 is a eshoops reef sump. Sorry to confuse you with the numbers

One more thing. If you have not bought a 75g, look for one that is "reef ready" it will eliminate the overflow and alot less clearance issues and everything. That would be my next set up if i were to do it again.

Back