Tables have turned....

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
The "peaceful" firefish saga continues.....Last year, Stumpy was attacked by Suspect #1, in which Suspect # 1 nipped off Stumpy's dorsal fin (hence the name Stumpy). Suspect # 1 ended up in a 10g with a pistol shrimp and a goby.

Stumpy's dorsal grew back, Suspect was nice in the 10g.

Fast forward to now. I moved Stumpy to the 125g, and moved Suspect to the 45g....shortly after that, I moved Suspect into the 125g with the pistol shrimp. He disappeared for like, a few weeks...last I saw him, he was barely moving and not eating, and his tailfin looked nipped. So I assumed he died since I didn't see him. But he did NOT die...just hiding out with his pistol shrimp sugardaddy.

Suspect finally comes out to eat, lookin' skinny, but very much active. Stumpy is significantly fatter and healthier.

What do I see tonight at feeding time?? STUMPY went and attacked skinny Suspect!!!!! Ungh! It really is survival of the fittest (or more like what goes around, comes around). Suspect started lurking on the water surface. I have no cover on it. He might just jump. Bummer. Well, we'll see what happens!

Back