Tampa Bay Saltwater order tomorrow...

Here's my hitchhiker and scallops:

4581166641_669ca2140d.jpg

This is the liveaquaria shot of a blenny which looks exactly like the little guy I got! Mines super tiny though:

p-71848-sailfin-algae.jpg

Everyone is in my tanks now and getting adjusted to their new homes. The orange ball sponge had a bunch of air in the bag which is a bad thing. I love it's shape I hope it makes it. My horses are in LOVE with these gorgs. Callie grabbed hold of the really tall orange sponge and she changed to orange right in front of me! She's so cute! We'll see how it goes. Wow, this is really cool! WooT,

Catherien

Here's one of Pegasus

4581524183_657c33b57b.jpg

Here's a little group on the gorg and sponge. Callie is on the bottom of the gorg trying to turn pink. Didn't get her turning orange:

4582152864_a4129c515a.jpg

That seems a little suspect that it's a blenny. I was reading that they come from the indo-pacific region, not sure how they would end up in the water off tampa bay?
Great pics btw.

That seems a little suspect that it's a blenny. I was reading that they come from the indo-pacific region, not sure how they would end up in the water off tampa bay?
Great pics btw.

He's hiding now but I'll get a shot of him when he comes out. You're right about the geography. Maybe he snuck in while in a holding tank at the facility? IDK?

C

Cool stuff!!!! :bounce: :^: :bounce:
That decorator crab has some crazy long legs!
Good luck with that tall tree sponge. Those are what didn't make it for me, except for my bright orange one so far, but it has a smoother skin than those.
And my bright yellow one but apparently they don't stay bright yellow with lots of light, they get a brown film on them.

The pics were awesome Catherine.There are several blennies from the gulf/Caribbean,maybe you found a new species never before classified.

This is my bright yellow one now.
Richard says this is normal and it's what the sponge actually looks like when he collects it. Then i guess while he has it in storage it loses that outer film and returns to bright yellow. I'm assuming that any bit of light causes this coloring.

849058287_orY3L-O.jpg

The pics were awesome Catherine.There are several blennies from the gulf/Caribbean,maybe you found a new species never before classified.

Yeah, that's what happened...:)

Dennis, I know you've got a bunch more light in your tank than I do. I have my big yellow sponge tree under some floating macro with a lot less light so maybe :dunno: My horses sure love it so I hope, hope, hope, I can keep it alive. I appreciate your feedback with your experiences, thanks!

C

Ya, i'd be interested to see how it goes.
This yellow one is in the front corner, as far away from the center of the light as I can get. It's actually growing... attaching to the rock even. And the one or two tips that i had to cut off very early on seem to have healed over.

I'm in love with most of my Tampa Bay Saltwater stuff. My gorgs are lovin' life in my tank and my ponies are fascinated by them. I'm worried about my sponges. They both ended up with some air exposure so we'll see how they do. My scallops aren't nearly as much fun as I thought they would be. I've lost 3 of 5 so far. The little fish hitchhiker is still a mystery. He hides in the rocks and only flips his tail every now and then so I've never gotten a good look at him. I know you guys want pics but I hate shooting with my Kodak POS, my new camera should be here soon. I'm putting together another order with him for more gorgs! WooT!

C

Ya, those scallops are always tough.
I'm shocked that one of my two is still alive.

What's taking so long for the new camera? You didn't overnight that sucker? :lol:

I really drug my feet in making my decision. Ordered it yesterday and B and H is closed for a week or two. Darn it.

Cathreine

Back