Tang Compatability

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
So there is a guy in Phx who needs a stand and canopy brought down to him from Sedona, and I want some fish. He said he would give me $50 towards fish if I brought it down to him, and this sounds good because I have to go down there to get fish anyway. He priced me a M/L Powder Blue for $46 (How big would you assume a M/L would be)
and a M/L Foxface for $28. I also eventually want to get a Kole Tang and an Atlantic Blue Tang...Maybe a Nasso Tang...maybe some others too...But I've been reading that the Powder Blue can be aggressive towards other Tangs. It's one of the fish I have wanted for a while now. Anyone have much experience with them? Will it be ok with the other fish I want to get? I can possibly go do this on Thursday.

I have had Powder Blues now and in the past, but my Atlantic Blue Tang was by far the most aggressive towards the other Tangs. M/L should be 4-6 inches I think.

Naso's can get big, mine has started growing and he is about 6 inches long.

I currently have the follwoing tangs in my 180
Sailfin
Naso
Kole
Blue Hippo

They were added in that order. The Kole tang is by far the meanest of the bunch and does more tail slapping than the others. The Sailfin was added first, the Kole and the Naso were added together about a month later, and the Hippo was recently added. The Kole harassed the Sailfin on introduction, harassed my Potters Angel when it was added, and beat up the Hippo for about an hour when he was added as well. If you're planning on adding multiple tangs, I would try to add them at the same time.

From what I have read, Powder Blue's are one of the more aggressive tangs, if that is the case and you cant add them all at once, I would add the Powder Blue after the others have had a chance to get established.

The 2 fish I am likely to get this weekend would be the Powder Blue and the Foxface. Because of how things are working out, I will probably have to do these 2 this weekend since they will only be costing me about $30 for the both of them. I may try to get a Kole tang this weekend if I can find one at the LFS I'm going to be near. The Nasso tang was just one that I liked I'm too sure on it yet though...

Back