tang ta-tang tang!

nah, i ordered the yellow tang, but when it came in it was a sailfin! sometimes this works in my advantage, sometimes it dont! makes me want to go and apply for a job at the distributor just so i know people will get their orders correct! im sure me and all my living reef buddies could get it right the first time! haha!!!

I think the distributors have it harder than you would think. Could you imagine the constant flow and shipment of orders that need to go out. In addition to that everything being identified in such a short period of time... Your bound for some mistakes.

yeah you have a warehouse full of fish, and everyday your packing fish to send out to stores and your constantly getting fish in that you have to acclimate, identify and look at their health. but then again it would be fun as hell to work there

I think the distributors have it harder than you would think. Could you imagine the constant flow and shipment of orders that need to go out. In addition to that everything being identified in such a short period of time... Your bound for some mistakes.

i agree, however, this place makes mistakes all the time! like the tang today. LFS ordered a volitan lionfish, they got a dwarf fuzzy! my buddy ordered three 2 spot dominoe damsels, he got three 3 stripe damsels. Lfs also ordered sometype of squirrel fish, and they got a foxface (who now lives in my tank). like i said sometimes i benefit from their mistakes!

oh, and dont even try to order a specific hawk fish!

Last edited:
I think working at the distributor would be depressing to me... I don't want to think about all the struggling fish that we never see at the LFS

well, my tang disappeared the other day. no sign of it anywhere. thats the thing about SW tanks, something dies and then it just disappears! no leftovers, no sign of death, nothing!

Back