Tangs not getting along

Okay, got home and saw him under the lights full blast and sure enough, he is a little splotchy, but it isn't something on the top of his skin, it almost appears like his scales are different colors, or like he is changing color. I got a few photos of him, but the bugger won't sit still - so they are not the clearest. I've also done some reading up on Marine Velvet, and he is not showing any of the symptoms, he bombs around the tank non stop with the sailfin, he eats flake as long as I keep putting it in the tank, and his breathing is not abnormally fast, so I don't think its velvet (from what I have read, if you see patches on the skin, you should have seen the other signs like lethargy and erratic breathing first). It also appears to be only on one side

Still, I wanted to share the photos and get some feedback - if I need to start a new thread in the disease section I can do so

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Psh, all you guys and your tangs! It's all about nano-fish! .....

I tell that to myself everytime I see awesome tangs... :frustrat:

I hope you're feeding them all something other than flakes. They would do well to eat frozen food and algae sheets as well.

I think he's just adjusting :)

I feed formula two twice a day, and constantly have an ocean nutrition algae sheet in the tank on a clip. I've tried frozen mysis, but the clowns are the only ones that touch it, and they don't even eat much.

What kind of frozen should I be feeding along with or in place of the flakes?

I almost forgot, I also feed new life spectrum pellets with the flake

I'm huge on feeding my tang and angel fresh greens(all the stuff we eat),although its not very popular here....tangs are omnivores so they do need some meats.....i would stop all flake feeding,and start adding krill,scallops,squid,table shrimp and clams to the whole tanks diet...

No,but they are great looking angels too....,but ,is there an ugly angel...my next one will be a french..
:bounce:That's the one I want Ohno, but I am afraid it will eat my zoa's. But I have always been willing to take a chance on any fish..:bounce:

Back