tank help

cfortin

Reefing newb
AlrightI feel kind of stupid asking this,but I need other opinions. I have started my 90 gallon tank over a month ago. Right now I have added damsels as well as that nitrifying bacteria. My tank has some live rock and dead rock as well. My levels are all testing good. My temp stays right at 78-79 and my salinity has been 1.023. I added a couple of coral frags to see how they would do, which are fine right now. I need to know if, or when is it safe to transfer my existing 30 gallon reef tank into my 90 gal. My 30 gal. is about three years established. Please help me.
Chad

If all your parameters are in check, then you should be able to transfer your stuff over any time. Are you planning on moving your rock from the 30 over? If so, it MAY start a minicycle from being disturbed, but if that does happen, it will probably be very small and over quickly. That's just something to think about whenever you move rock around.

I dont think that moving the rock will cause any problems.But If you move the sand,then you MIGHT have a mini-cycle.
As long your 90's cycled,go a head move your stuff over.I dont think you'll have any problems.

Hey thank you guys 4 the reply. I appreciate the opinions. I havent seen that big of a cycle and now started a litte green algae, u thinks its still okay to transfer? thank you

I think you'll be alright to transfer.Just keep an eye on your parameters and be ready to do some water changes just in case.

Back