Tank move

Toolman

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
Moving from JBJ to RSM 130 question is can I take my LR out of the JBJ and move it into the RSM and leave the fish and the sand in JBJ until the RSM is ready? any special things to do since the only bio filtration will be from the live sand and how long before the RSM will be ready for fish? I am in no rush and not wanting to take any chances with fish health so I am still in the planing stages......

If you are using all your initial live rock, and live sand, you can transfer over everything at once, including your live stock. You may go through a mini cycle, but as long as you keep an eye on your perameters, and stay on top of them it should all be okay.

Two days before you move them, i would make up the new water and try and make that match as closely as possible to your old water. Get that up to temp the day of the move, and then put the fish in one bucket, corals and stuff in another.

Move over about half of your old water into the new tank, and then move the rock. Arrange as you wish, add the new dry rock so you have enough total rock. Move equipment move, move as much of the remaining water over as you can.

Then acclimated the fish and corals to the new tank water!

Voila! A new tank is born!

If you are using all your initial live rock, and live sand, you can transfer over everything at once, including your live stock. You may go through a mini cycle, but as long as you keep an eye on your perameters, and stay on top of them it should all be okay.

Not using sand thinking either black or gold should I buy live to speed things up?

Back