Tank Pictures

good looking tank, jb. I love it when they're clean. I also like to see someone else with a little greenery in their tank. I have some culerpa I got at the LFS that grows fast. I would like to get some kelp.

Thanks again for all the compliments. I'm not sure if the macro algae is "directly" responsible for making the water so clear although I'm sure that it is (in conjunction with other things) contributing to it. From what I understand having the macro in the fuge (I have chaeto in my fuge) and in the tank (if you so choose to do so) helps control nitrates (and I imagine it helps control phosphates as well since macro uses both for growth).

After waiting over a week and watching my parameters closely, I determined that I could get another fish.

My son picked out a beautiful coral beauty...her name is Queen Ferb so now we have King Phineas (lawnmower blenny) and Queen Ferb (coral beauty).

The LFS also just happened to have this tiny little horseshoe crab and he begged me to get it so we picked that up as well...very cool little creature...pretty much keeps himself buried in the sand and moves around very slowly...does a good job with my two brittles and turbo snails of keeping my sand mixed up.

Congrats on the new additions.
But just to let you know.The horseshoe crab will outgrow the tank.Those things get huge.

Yeah...I heard that about the horseshoes...I figure it will entertain my son for a while and when it gets too big I'll either have moved up to a much larger aquarium :bounce: or we'll find a good new home for it :D

Back