Tanner's NEW 25 gallon tank thread

So the more I look at it, the more it looks like some sort of poo, snail poo or something, will a cuc even get rid of that?

Touche' ... lol sometimes the simpliest solutions slip my mind >_> lol

But annyywayy I tested my water today and it seems like my cycle is just about complete, like a smidge away.

So in the following weeks I'm gonna see what types of fish my LFS has to offer, and see what you guys think. Most of the selection is very slim though, sowhat do you guys think about ordering live fish online?

I get most everything on-line. Our LFSs here in Tucson, AZ suck big time. I think the trick for you is finding ones that ship to or in Canada.

Yeah, I've asked on like 3 different forums and its like there is NO online saltwater stores in, or that will ship to, canada

I'm thinking about going out next week after my exams to get my first fish. What do you guys think of chromis?

Chromis are cool.But I think you'd be better off to settle for a clown or 2.
Chromis dont seem to acclimate very well,so usually dont survive very long.

I have 4 cromus that I have had for a year I actualy bought them to cycle the tank when I set it back up and they are doing fine. Even more mind boggling is I got them at petco. HMMM go figure

Well my first addition is in, Sorry yote I had to go against you , I just fell in love with this little chromis from the LFS :D.

Where are the pictures?!

You post like 10 million pictures of your cloudy tank, but when you finally get a fish, we see NOTHING?!?! WTF DUDE?

;) j/k

I looked in my tank today and there are a bunch of annoying bubbles floating along the top of the water, dono why they're therebut do you guys know how to get rid of them?
photo.jpg

also, as bif(forcefully) requested, the new chromis, barthalamu.

photo2.jpg

Do you have anything skimming the surface of the water? Looks to me like a protein build up. Either get a surface skimmer or agitate the surface more. Oh and nice looking fish.

Just ordered a sand sifting star, and some turbo snails from the LFS to help clean the tank, going to pick them up monday, :)

Back