tap water

PLEASE, dont use tap water! you never know absolutely what is in there. Could you give your landlord an extra 20 a month or somethin? Have him compare the electric now that youve stopped, and see if there is that much diff. Just hate to see you use tap. Good luck!

Jay -
I originally used tap with no harm, save some extra phosphates.
Believe me, I don't want to use it, but it looks like it's raising the elec a LOT more than $20/month.
You think even bringing it to the LFS and having the well water tested isn't good enough?
Alex

Jay -
I originally used tap with no harm, save some extra phosphates.
Believe me, I don't want to use it, but it looks like it's raising the elec a LOT more than $20/month.
You think even bringing it to the LFS and having the well water tested isn't good enough?
Alex

$20 per month can easily go towards buying RO water from Wal-mart. I dont understand the issue here. I pay $3 per week for water. And most of the time just $2. So thats only $8-$12 per month. JUst go to your nearest grocery store and pick up RO or distilled water. This hobby is expensive. But if you decide not to spend much money on it, quality water being so cheap is the least you can do. Since you cant get test results, i would not risk it.

I agree with Jay, i just would not use tap. Not worth the risk and issues involved.

Last edited:
hmmm...didn't realize the water was so cheap at Wal-Mart. It's going to be a major pain picking up 15/gal/week at walmart, especially with my tiny car, but I'll give it a try.

I dont buy my water from walmart but i know wal mart sells RO water (along with most grocery stores). If iyou dont get it as cheap as i do, im sure the difference is not that much.

Back