tds reading

my TDS meter reads 265 in and 3 to 5 out. What would be the reading when you would change filters? What is the the top TDS you would say is acceptable?
A good RO membrane removes 95-98% of the impurities. Once the TDS rises above the expected removal rate, it's time to change filters or resins. If you are at 265 before the RO and getting 3-5 after, your filter is working at aprox 98% removal rate. When you start seeing around 16 ppm on the filtered water, your at aprox 94% and should start checking which filters need to be replaced.

With an 800 ppm TDS reading going in and 18 coming out, thats about a 98% rate and shows the filter is working as it should.

The system I use has a pre sediment filter, carbon filter, RO,DI. The out put reading on the TDS meter is 0. If you are reading 18ppm try adding a pre sediment filter to trap the larger particles first (look for something that will filter particles to 5 microns). I have run several thousand gallons through my system on all types of water well/city and it still reads 0ppm TDS.
ccCapt is right RO only filters 98% of impurities.

Back