Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

In the picture on the far left is the overflow, between the two power heads is the in take to a hob filter. I use it for more flow. I run it empty most of the time but if I want to run carbon I can put in that. On the far right is the return from the pump.

Tested the water again today, all perfect. The LFS has CUC coming in for me today. After I get my daughter going to go get my snails and crabs. Skimmer is starting to pull also. So a good day so far.
photo63-1.jpg

Pretty much I bought everything from aquatraders. Only exception is the Hydo power heads. The skimmer is odysseas ps 75 and the chamber is 12 inches not including the cone top and cup. I just dont have the money some people have to drop into this hobby. I have bought three lights from them, a hob fuge, water pump, overflow box, I have never had a problem with anything. Its all been well built and well shipped. When I was pricing out the same equipment from the LFS I was looking at $1500 for all that I needed. I paid $ around $400 for comparable products. Ok it not name brand and its made a china but I have a running tank that all my levels are perfect and I still can buy some more things. Other wise I would still be looking at a empty dry tank. By the way my other two lights are over three years old and still work with no problems.

So I bought 15 crabs and three blue/green chromis...Even got 30% off because my snails didnt show up in the order.
photo64.jpg
photo65.jpg

Looks great! I hope your chromis do well! Whenever I try more than one they kill each other off. :(

What's next?

Looks great! I hope your chromis do well! Whenever I try more than one they kill each other off. :(

What's next?
I have never had that problem....Anyway, well snails should be in on Wednesday. Then.......I really want some corals.

so went checking that tank when the lights came on and found one of the new fish in the outside part of the overflow box. Got past the fish guard somehow...Had to hand catch it because my net is to big to go in the box.....Looks like I will need a smaller net.

Gotta have that overflow guard in the perfect position so it doesn't eat your fish.. I sucked up a clown fish and it died.. Broke my heart =(.. But thats crazy that a chromis got stuck.. I have 2 Chromises and they sleep behind the box haha.. Neither ever got sucked up in there..

Ya I repositioned the guard so it has better coverage. Thankfully he didnt get sucked down into the sump. He is still hiding in the rock work though. I guess he got a little freaked out.

The chromis that went traveling in to the out overflow box died. So now two fish. One is out and about other is hiding in the rocks somewhere.

The hiding chromis has been hiding for so long I figured he was dead....About five minutes ago I turned my head and there he is.....:bounce: Such a dork to be all happy about a little green chromis being alive but it made my friggen day.....

Looking good Ted :D it's hit and miss on more than one chromis in one tank I did 4 they were fine then in another tank I did 3 and the bigger killed off the smaller one. then when I has my 180g going I had 8 of them and they were all fine but there was a tank boss out of them. any who good luck with them.

Hmm have a bag floating in the DT ...turbos....and a bag floating in the sump....A new coral....so excited....Will post picks when it in.

Attachments

• photo(79).jpg
    photo(79).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 297
OK....First pic is the new coral second, third and fourth are some frilly mushrooms that I moved over from the old corner tank that are making a big comeback...
photo80.jpg
photo81.jpg
photo82.jpg
photo83.jpg

After working 10om to 8am I came home and did a water change....did 4 gallons. not quite 10%...with the sump it takes the water level to where the return starts sucking air....Would love to know if thats how yall do it.....

Back