Test Kits and There Syringes !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I recently got a Red sea Reef Foundation kit, I was testing and my MG seemed off by a lot, I called Red Sea and with in 4 days I had a new MG test kit refill kit, Well it turns out I got the same results, Now I know im doing the test right.

So I decided to try the 2ml syringe from the salifert test kit to pick up the water and when I used it I got what seemed to be a good reading, same as salifert test. So im guessing ither the Red Sea syringe is a tad to large or the salifert one is to small and not getting the proper water volume.

What test should I trust, what syringe that is. Couse with the RS syringe I get 1600 on my MG when I use the Salifert syringe on both test I get about 1400.

But now we take into account that if its different on the red sea kit then my measurements for the KH and Ca. are a bit lower than what im actually getting as a reading.

What do you guys think . if any of you have both syringes can you give it a try on the RS test and see what you get..

Thanks guys..

I like salifert. I would keep an eye on what is happening in your tank and adjust from there.
With anything, there are different answers and knowing what your tank needs is most. Use those test as a mere referance and pick a point to stay at.
I too have had ?'s and had a lfs and a buddy check too with the salifert and 3 different results with the same test water. Im sorry, but ive never had the exact test on anything and uljust use it for a guide.

Easiest way to test the syringe:
1. Pull 2ml of water using the Salifert 2ml syringe and put it in a small cup.
2. Then pull that water from the cup using the Red Sea syringe. If the water does not line up, then one or both syringes are off.

Back