Tex's contest PICO

my pico has been put on hold for now, I hope to be able to get back to it before the deadline.

Here is why :(copied from my 40b thread)

a few days ago I was doing some major maintenance on the tank, I noticed that the glass was bowing pretty badly. Not really wanting the "Bow Front" look I have decided to retire this tank and replace it with a 48x20x25 ~100gallon. I will be picking it up today and will begin the work of constructing this beast. I will warn you ahead of time THIS BUILD WILL BE A VERY SLOW PROCESS. I will be adding a sump room to my garage as well as dedicated electrical, so this will be more that just setting up a new tank. All livestock will have a temporary home until the build is complete, at which time they will be relocated to the final home. I have a couple of quick sketches of my plans, they were done on paint and will be converted to google sketch-up for a more professional look for the build thread. The full setup will include - 100g display - 40g sump - 20g Long refugium - ehiem 1262 return pump - reef octopus skimmer(s) - mp40 - k3's x 2 - BRS GFO reactor - BRS Carbon reactor - undecided controller.

The Fuge will sit above and behind the 40g sump , it will have its own return pump, and will drain through a CPR CS50 HOB overflow.

Here is a sneak peak of what is to come :

Attachments

• TankBuild 1.jpg
    TankBuild 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 311
  • TankBuild 2.jpg
    TankBuild 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 293
Back