The Midas Blenny

chichimom79

reef junkie
How many of you with a Midas are feeding every day compared to every other day? I have been feeding every other day, but I feel like the blenny is getting thinner. I am going to start feeding every day, at least in that tank to see if I can fatten her up a bit. I was just wondering if they are supposed to be fed every day. I could only find one thing on the net that said "Midas Blennies are very active and need daily feedings if not twice daily." I don't want to lose her, of course. She can be a bit finicky with what she will eat as well. Any suggestion is welcome for fattening her up quickly.

No, there is spirulina in that fish food I made at the local reef club. She'll eat the meaty bits out of the mixed food though she avoids the algae. She loves brine shrimp, of course, will eat mysis if the piece is super tiny. A whole mysis shrimp is usually eaten by the cleaner shrimp.

For a reference to how she is looking, I will post the video I made when I got my wrasse. At least she has gotten used to seeing my phone in my hand to take pics and videos LOL
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuIJ30IlS9c&feature=g-upl]New Blue Flasher Wrasse - YouTube[/ame]

I feed 5 days a week, with nori sheets fed daily. Neo is fat, happy, and very active. I've only seen him nibble the nori sheets occasionally, so I'm guessing he gets the majority of his nutrition from my slurry of yum that I feed (it's a mixture of several different types of food).

To feed my One Spot, I have to let the tang take his fill, then get the clip, and jam it into a rock where he will pick at it. And then anything that floats round he eats normally, unless he cant fit it in his mouth. Hahah
And I sometimes get a little bit of a sheet, soak it in tank water, and crumble it in my fingers, and all my fish eat it, just because its small enough

My starry blenny is a super pig, i think its all about finding the foods they like. Have you tried Rod's food. Its a great mix of stuff with lots of different sized pieces.

I have not tried Rod's food. I have so many kinds of food I kind of hate to buy more, but I will if you think it will make a difference for her. Where can I purchase it?

Marine Depot sells it too - none of my LFSs sell it so I'm thinking about ordering some online, just don't know how well it would ship in the heat this summer... Hopefully one of your LFSs sells it. And my recollection is that midas blennys are the only blenny that needs a meaty diet, so it makes sense to me that she might not be that interested in the nori sheets.

Back