The Reef rock store?

Heres my take. I placed my order on july 1st. Ive spoke to steve 3 times now and emailed him 4 times. My order still hasnt shipped. 5 days ago i talked to him and he told me he was really backed up on orders but my order had already shipped. Fed ex told me yesterday that they hadnt recieved any order from him. Dont know who to believe, but everytime ive talked to him it has been the most unprofessional sounding conversations ever. Ive heard about his sick mom that hes been taking care of, his computer problems, how terrible fed ex is, and all about how bad his competitor marco is. Ive been waiting 21 days for some base rock because i was trying to save a couple dollars. My brand new tank has already cycled and i have a CUC in it and i still dont have any base rock. IMO, even with all the good reviews i read prior to ordering, this guy is scamming. On a personal note, the guy has sounded stoned out of his mind everytime ive talked to him. Cant reply to emails, cant process orders, doesnt deserve my business. Sorry if i come off as hostile, but im a little irritated.

Heres my take. I placed my order on july 1st. Ive spoke to steve 3 times now and emailed him 4 times. My order still hasnt shipped. 5 days ago i talked to him and he told me he was really backed up on orders but my order had already shipped. Fed ex told me yesterday that they hadnt recieved any order from him. Dont know who to believe, but everytime ive talked to him it has been the most unprofessional sounding conversations ever. Ive heard about his sick mom that hes been taking care of, his computer problems, how terrible fed ex is, and all about how bad his competitor marco is. Ive been waiting 21 days for some base rock because i was trying to save a couple dollars. My brand new tank has already cycled and i have a CUC in it and i still dont have any base rock. IMO, even with all the good reviews i read prior to ordering, this guy is scamming. On a personal note, the guy has sounded stoned out of his mind everytime ive talked to him. Cant reply to emails, cant process orders, doesnt deserve my business. Sorry if i come off as hostile, but im a little irritated.

3 weeks later... I'd be contacting my credit card company and cancelling the whole order. This sounds ridiculous. And it sounds like he lied to you and told you it had shipped just to get you off his back. If he can't give you a shipping number, then it didn't ship, as far as I'm concerned.

See, theres my problem. He sent the shipping info to fed-ex. Ive got a tracking number that indicates that the order was supposed to ship on the 16th. Hes saying he shipped it and fed ex is saying that all they recieved was the shipping info (which he screwed up as well, forgot to mention that on the last post), but they never actually recieved the box. Im going to be calling him monday, im getting an answer or my money back. I apologize, dont mean to jack a thread, but just be prepared to possibly be dealing with a few headaches if you try to save a few dollars. I'll be ordering from his competitor marco on monday. (have no idea who marco is, but im going to do it just out of spite at this point)

He's probably referring to Marcorocks.com. Probably the best place to order dry rock from. I've never seen anything but good reviews of Marcorocks, and tons of people have ordered from there. Funny that you only know of Marco because of his complaining about his competitor, and now you'll probably be buying from him instead. ;)

Dont apologize for jacking the thread looking for info on this company and you gave it to me thank you and sorry to hear about your experience with them. Maybe it would be better for me to just wait till i get to Flo-rida and just go by there and pick it up and scrap the whole shipping idea.

I think i ll take biffs advice, shes never steered me wrong in the past. I ll call that marco guy. I wonder if i tell him all the bs that happened and the bs that his competition is talking if i can get him to undercut reefrocks. I guess its worth a shot.

little_fish is right, shipping is free at Marcorocks. Call or email and tell him what size tank you have and the size rocks you want and he will accomodate you. I used Marcorocks for my 180, told him I wanted mostly large rocks and that's what I got. Rock is well packaged too, each rock is individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Great product and great company.

I like the marco website. I guess those are pics of the actual rock order that you are going to get. I just ordered 88 lbs with a mix of shelves, towers, and base. And yes, shipping was free.

So just an update. After 22 days of trying to get my order shipped from reefrocks, and still no shipment, i ordered from marcorocks on monday. Recieved the rocks on wednesday with about 10 lbs more than i ordered. Almost every rock was intact, a few lost some pieces which worked great as rubble for the 'fuge. Extremely porus. Only problem i have is that ive got about 15 or 20 lbs of extra rock that i cant fit in the tank. Guess thats a good problem though.

So just an update. After 22 days of trying to get my order shipped from reefrocks, and still no shipment, i ordered from marcorocks on monday. Recieved the rocks on wednesday with about 10 lbs more than i ordered. Almost every rock was intact, a few lost some pieces which worked great as rubble for the 'fuge. Extremely porus. Only problem i have is that ive got about 15 or 20 lbs of extra rock that i cant fit in the tank. Guess thats a good problem though.

Time for a bigger tank:mrgreen:

Now I am worried about my order from reefrocks.net. It shows them as shipped but doesn't show any additional information than the information was received. I guess I am going to have to watch. Thank god I used paypal and they are normally good about handling this sort of stuff.

I did get my refund. How longs it been since you placed the order. Mine said processing for 2 1/2 weeks before i got pissed off an cancelled my order. Good luck with yours.

Back