The smell of lights

BriOnH said:
If I move the light up will that cause the bottom of my tank to absorb less light? I am open to try this but it's improtant to me (with only 192 watts) for my corals to get as much light as possible.

Also the glass that covers the lights (on the bottom) has a gap between it and the side of the light that has the fan. Since air is circulating from the Light and water out towards the wall would that be better then rasing it up?

Since I have moved as far possible to the right the electrical smell has pretty much disappeared. I don't smell it anymore when I walk in my house.

I dont think that the 2 1/4 inches the legs will raise your light will make any difference in the amount of light reaching the bottom of your tank.It will how ever help your tank breath and cut down on heat transfer to your water.
How much room do you have right now between your lights exhaust fan and the wall? The reason I ask is because my T-5s exhaust is 3 inches from the wall and I had to set up a fan to come on with my lights to help remove the heat,its not a small computer fan but a big room fan.From your pic it looks to me like you only have 1 to 2 inches max to play with there.
You'll want to make sure your not choking off the intake vents on the other end your lights too.That small gap between the glass and the end of your lights just not going to allow enough air movement.
Just dont want your ballasts to over heat and explode,thats not a pretty sight.

Back