these ads

I've added the ads as an experiment to see how they do - as I want to try and cover the costs of adding new parts to the site. As far as I can tell, the ads should only appear at the top part of the screen, away from the content - there shouldn't be anything that is larger than the area of that ad (if there is, please post a screenshot here so I can see and ask the ad company why this happens). :)

edit: I've made some changes to the ad account now to try and stop any expanding ads - I honestly don't want anything intrusive on the site. If it continues, please post a screenshot in this thread so I can send it to the ad company. They say that there won't be any popups or expanding ads, so if there are then there is a problem somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont worry ian your webpage wasnt the only one with those ads yahoo had them too

some ads just in order to get your attention make a big "look at me" cinematic nothing out the ordinary

:Cheers:cheers

I use FireFox and don't even see them. ???

They only appear when the ad network has enough inventory to display them, so it's only intermittent :) I can't see them at the moment either, but it was there this morning for me (and the code is still in place).

seems the expanding ads have gone away and as long as the arent intrusive i have no problem with that, also Ian have you considered having companies buy sponsor ad space

seems the expanding ads have gone away and as long as the arent intrusive i have no problem with that, also Ian have you considered having companies buy sponsor ad space

That's good news - please let me know if they come back and I'll get back in touch with the ad company :) Once the site is a bit bigger, I'll try approaching some companies to advertise instead of the generic ads at the moment.

I know my subscription has ran out and i need to renew it, but if more people donated to the webpage, its possible that Ian would not even feel the need to do this. Sub is only 20 dollars a year, and you get a sweet supporter tag on your profile!!! I have zero problems paying min 20 a year to support my favorite web forum :mrgreen:

I know my subscription has ran out and i need to renew it, but if more people donated to the webpage, its possible that Ian would not even feel the need to do this. Sub is only 20 dollars a year, and you get a sweet supporter tag on your profile!!! I have zero problems paying min 20 a year to support my favorite web forum :mrgreen:

would you PM me the info to do this?

Back