think i have a problem??

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
so i have an algae scrubber and its been a month now awsome with the algae control almost all out of the tank a little red algae pops up every once in a while but goes away well the sump i have everything in has algae on the bottom i dont know if thats normal? and my tank is getting clowdy and i have no clue whats up with that? so anything will be helpful thank you

p.s. my algae scrubber is getting some reddish bubbles of algae on it starting to cover the screen dont know if thats normal and i have been cleaning it every friday one side a week

i dont know what detrius is but i dont think so and i dont have any sponges or socks in just a filter in the overflow box and a filter on the pump thats the only filters

That's just piles of dirt that build up in low flow places. (I probably spelled it wrong, I was tryin' to sound smart!).:D

I just asked because I had some pretty good build up of junk in my 1st sump because of dead spots in the flow, and even though the scrubber was keeping the algae out of the tank, it couldn't handle the build up of junk too. I had a bunch of algae in the sump that didn't go away until I got rid of the build up. I was just thinking something must be feeding that algae...

According to santa monica's most recent guidlines

Weekly Cleanings: Every 7 days, you need to turn the flow off and remove the screen from the pipe. Take the screen to your sink, and remove most of the algae while the tap water flows over it. Leave some algae on the screen, so that it can still filter, and so it will grow back quickly. Your first or second week might not grow too much, especially if you are not feeding much (like on a new or cycling tank), but later on it will fill in faster. Also clean the slot with a toothbrush before putting the screen back.

I would say that is cleaning both sides off.

Back