This light good enough?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I'm looking at a light for my tank and found this one. Would it be good enough for the basic corals? I'm not looking to spend a ton on a light and I know you want four times the wattage for your tanks size (I havea 75) but was wondering if this light would be adequate for just the average corals to grow?

Odyssea T5 High Output Lighting

And I see that one comes with 12k bulbs, the one I posted comes with 10k. I know the higher the number, the bluer if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, I see the one I posted, they don't charge for shipping and the Suns one, they do so there's about about a $45 difference and I'm trying to budget this so I may still go with the Odyssea one.

+1 reeffreak

I've got that same fixture except with 4 T5 bulbs. The only thing you'll want to do is replace the bulbs at about 6 months. Normally bulbs need to be replaced every year but, the ones that come with the fixture aren't very high quality.

I just got my order from Aqua Traders today. Odyssea Metal Halide System

I am very happy with it, not tacky, but a nice price. You may have to do a bit of modding, like putting the fan on the top, but very nice. The only thing that went wrong was my ballast. It went bang, and started to smell like it was burning. But getting it replaced is turning out alright, nice customer service.

EDIT:
If you want any pictures just ask! :D

Not on mine, the fan comes in a seperate bubble wrap with the ballasts, it doesnt even have holes on the top that i can use to place it.

The 48" ones definitely come with the fans already in them and four areas drilled for them to vent.

I just got my order from Aqua Traders today. Odyssea Metal Halide System

I am very happy with it, not tacky, but a nice price. You may have to do a bit of modding, like putting the fan on the top, but very nice. The only thing that went wrong was my ballast. It went bang, and started to smell like it was burning. But getting it replaced is turning out alright, nice customer service.

EDIT:
If you want any pictures just ask! :D

i wanna see :D

i wanna see :D

Ok here ya go!! ;)
Sorry about the bad quality, on my phone. :D

Photo0216.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Photo0218.jpg

Photo0219.jpg

Photo0220.jpg

Back