This Reefer's Travels... kraash

WOW, what a great intro! Thank you all for the kudos. Rams, thanks again for the great pics! As you said earlier, my camera skills are lacking, but why practice when I got buds like you :).

actually I found some recent pics you've taken and you are holding back on us... post them when you get a chance. The macros you took of your clams and trumpet coral where pretty sweet. glad you found the thread.

For those who care, here is a few specs of the tank.

It is a 525g with the dimensions of 96''x36''x36''. The 36'' depth really adds some reality to the reef, but I do have to use a mask to reach the bottom 18'' of the tank, and of course this is where everyone always wants frags from! Sometimes I think that people just pick out corals deep in the tank just to see me get wet!

Lighting consists of 4-400w 20k reeflux in Lumenarc reflectors, and 4-ATI t5s for actinic supplementation. I designed an adjustable aluminium and acrylic rack to hold the whole light set up and I can change the height of the lighting in a matter of seconds.

Water flow is provided by 4 Vortechs, and I recently added a Tunze 6305 and a 7096 controller. This is my first go with a Tunze, and so far I am happy with the results. The return pump is a 6500 gph Dolphin plumbed through 1.5'' pvc. I figure that I have around 25000 gph flow in the tank, but as the sps grow I am needing more and more.

I also have a GEO 624 ca reactor plumbed into the system, but I have found this piece of equipment is also in need of upgrading. I used 3 gallons of ca media in around 7 months!

Thanks again for the kudos, and don't hesitate to post any questions. :mrgreen:

I'll take a frag of that right there in the bottom left hand corner:mrgreen:

Seriously though.
Other than that reactor needing up-graded.How do you like it?
I've been trying to make up my mind on a reactor for close to year now,but not many folks around here run em.So that makes it hard to actually see the different ones in operation.

BTW
Welcome to the reef.

I'll take a frag of that right there in the bottom left hand corner:mrgreen:

Seriously though.
Other than that reactor needing up-graded.How do you like it?
I've been trying to make up my mind on a reactor for close to year now,but not many folks around here run em.So that makes it hard to actually see the different ones in operation.

BTW
Welcome to the reef.

I would definitely recommend a GEO ca reactor, it is very well built, easy to set up, and the customer service is top notch.

To Quote a good friend of mine... "Un-Be-Frick'n-Lievable!"

I am Speachless. Everytime I think I am doing well, I look at a thread like this and realize I have a LONNNNNNNNG way to go!

Welcome to LivingReefs Kraash!

Dane

Back