Those anyone know if anyone has this setup ?

janey

Reefing newb
Ok I'm trying to setup my 110 Gallon slim. Right now i'm building a stand to lift up the stand that the tank came with. so i can have Tank in height view.

Ok this what im trying to do.

I will be having the tank to be viewed front n back and right side. I actually have it running across my living room.
Now on the left hand side, i want to build a closet with 3/ shelves with windows so i can have it for veiwing a Cheto tank, a Frag tank, and a breeder tank . well maybe 2 tanks .

I'm learning sketup so i draw out what i'm trying to do.
Those anyone know if anyone out there have the same concept that i'm trying achive ?? any PIcs?????

Thanks

janey

I seen a set-up like that several years ago in a doctors office.
It'd look awesome in your livingroom.Just have to figure out the plumbing.

i am terrible with building custom stuff. mine would look stupid but yours will probably look awesome. hopefully your able to pull it off. like said before plumbing will be the difficult thing.

Re: Do anyone know if anyone has this setup ?

Yeahh, that's another factor . How am a gonna do the setup / i mean plumbing.
Behind the wall is my main water line to house which is also my stairs case. i have a dryer plug ( (220V) also on wall that i want to use for all the electrical plugs from equipment.

Janet:question:

you Can't use that plug since it is 220 most all equipment is 110. you could call a electrition to change the outlets to how they need to be so you could use them.

Does anyone know if anyone has this setup ?

Ok here's a drawing of what i'm trying to do..
My110slima.jpg

Mind you the skimmer is a Power pro Model PQONE..
I'm looking for manual on this too?
Not to sure on hooking up ? I was told the big valve is the return and the small is the inlet ?

You are going to have to create flow on the exposed end of the tank somehow. Either by using powerheads and hiding the cords in the hood, or running a closed loop system. Luckily, with a hood, you can easily hide any unsightly wires.

You are going to have to create flow on the exposed end of the tank somehow. Either by using powerheads and hiding the cords in the hood, or running a closed loop system. Luckily, with a hood, you can easily hide any unsightly wires.
no he wont, those two vortechs on the left, pushing flow left to right will create plenty of flow

no he wont, those two vortechs on the left, pushing flow left to right will create plenty of flow

Yea, in a way. I've been using a MP40w for a few weeks and tried all kind of setings, and noticed the flow is always single direction. The reason is that even in short pulse mode to create standing wave pattern, the net flow is still single direction. The under tow always flow toward where the vortech is.

In order to get alternating intermittent flow that SPS like, you either need two MP40w running in anti-sync mode one on each end or having another always on powerhead on the other side to counting the net single direction flow.

I don't think I'll invest another $400 to get the anti-sync effect, so I use an always on K5 and point directly at the MP40w on the other side of the tank. Now the set up is complete. Whenever the MP40w slows down, I get the reverse flow that I want.

Unless, of course, you don't mind having the current always flowing in one direction.

Last edited:
Back