Tiny snails?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
This is bugging me. At night I have a ZILLION tiny little white dots all over my glass. They look like very small snails. I will try to snap a picture, but I'm pretty sure it will simply turn out to look like tiny little white dots! Any idea what these might be? Are they good guys? If not what will eat them? I have a feeling these little fellas are what ate my Yellow Star Polyp colony. Never saw them doing it, but now that the colony is gone, I see more of these white dots on the glass, power heads, overflow.....everywhere.

This is a group of them hanging out above the water line.
DSCN1729.jpg

White dot.
DSCN1722.jpg

I would be shocked if they were pods. With as many fish as I have including a dwarf Angel and Maroon clown I can't imaging they would survive simply hanging out on the glass.

You would be suprised I had billions till I got my scooter. My clowns would nip here and there but would not ever really make a dent in there population. The same with my gramma. They reperduce quite fast with out true predation I remember waking up to the light kicking on and my glass would be whited by them now I'm lucky to see any on the glass. I've since sold/rehomed my scooter. But yeah pods are great little guys :D

Thanks for the info. So far no one seems to think they are bad guys. Glad to hear it since it would be dang near impossible to get rid of all of them!

Back