Toadstool coral having a strop

Annie

Reefing newb
Hi all,

Nearly a week ago I noticed that the shell of my spiny snail was pressing against the toadstool coral. All the green polyps have now been retracted for almost a week now. It appears to have lost some ability to stay upright but it not totally flat. It seems to have blue tinges on it too. Is it still alive or dying? If it is dying, is there anything that I can do to save it? I might be a Paramedic, but CPR on a coral would just be weird!

Also (cheekily), is there anything I can do to get rid of cyano?

Thanks

Some pics would help for the leather, it could possibly be shedding but it's hard to tell without some decent pics. For the algae, what are your water parameters and how often do you feed? Do you use RODI water? What equipment are you running (reactors, skimmer).

I will attempt to upload pictures very soon. Any tips?

With regards to the parameters, I keep a check of all my parameters and they are all stable. The only thing I can think of is feeding/lighting. I feed a cube of nano marine cuisine once daily, but I defrost it and pull up a 2.5ml syringe and split the feed throughout the day. I have reduced the amount of time the lights are on to less than ten a day now, but it just returns soon after the lights are on. I only have a stock boyu skimmer at the mo, which seems to be skimming well really.

Thanks

Here are some pictures taken from my mobile phone.

annie-albums-random-tank-and-fish-pics-picture2037-think-my-coral-shedding-moment-polyps-have-been-retracted-nearly-week-now.jpg

Toadstool will normally close up and shed some skin, it's part of the normal growing process. Just give it time to bounce back, it can take a few weeks

Back