Toadstool Leather Question

Justin0329

Reefing newb
I have a toadstool that I purchased about a month ago and I am seeing some really great growth. It's base is about the diameter of a roll of quarters. My concern is that it is attached to a small piece of rock rubble. Its not nearly large enough to weigh it down anymore. I have picked a perfect rock that I would like to attatch it to but the only way i can see it being done is to cut the very bottom of it's base (to remove the rock) and then to super glue it to the new rock. Ive tried just wedging it between larger rocks but it isn't trying in the least to attatch to a new rock. Will this cause any stress or possibly kill it? Also, will the super glue (of the gel veriety) even stick to the leather? Any advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

I'd just super glue the small piece of rock rubble to a bigger piece of rock using some super glue gel. Trying to glue the actual leather to a piece of rock wouldn't work because the leather will only slime up.

No problem Justin... Good luck with it.
Another trick is to use a needle and thread to attach the leather to the new rock. The thread will hold much better than the glue, and the needle won't harm the coral.

i have wedged em upright with rocks before i would put the half not stuck to anything on a rock it will stick on it in time not sure if glue would work but why not i would try it what you got to loose
let us know if it works
shaun

I have a toadstool that I purchased about a month ago and I am seeing some really great growth. It's base is about the diameter of a roll of quarters. My concern is that it is attached to a small piece of rock rubble. Its not nearly large enough to weigh it down anymore. I have picked a perfect rock that I would like to attatch it to but the only way i can see it being done is to cut the very bottom of it's base (to remove the rock) and then to super glue it to the new rock. Ive tried just wedging it between larger rocks but it isn't trying in the least to attatch to a new rock. Will this cause any stress or possibly kill it? Also, will the super glue (of the gel veriety) even stick to the leather? Any advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Back