toadstool

littleyea1

Reefing newb
ok new question I know I ask a lot but I bought a toadstool leather coral about a month ago, it looked great in the store it was under metal hylides and now its only under my t5s but my question is , the polyps i believe you call them that, the movable part of the toadstool that is suppose to sway in the water does not sway it looks as if it come out about half way and no further.. what coudl be the cause of this , i made a makeshit frg rack to put it close to the t5 lights is it to much light for this coral, i tried moving it around it seems to not do anything, put it in heavy flow water nothing changes no water movement nothing changed im out of reasonable thoughts on this when? please any advice surely appriciated...

Leathers do that sometimes.
You need to move it closer to the bottom since they're not that light demanding and just give it some time.It could be getting ready to shed.

They build up a layer of mucus.Its their way of cleaning themselves.
They'll usually stay closed for a few days right before and right after.

I have one and mine is about halfway up in my tank. My lighting is T5's. Also give it some flow. I noticed with mine if it doesn't have flow it doesn't extend. So it sounds like you need to move yours down.

I have one that sits near the bottom of my tank. It has stayed closed for a few days but always comes back to life..I even had my clown fish make it a home for a few weeks. The t5's are fine, just don't give it too much light. If you put it next to a rock, it will attach itself to it. Mine has done that within the last month.

Back