Toms aqualifter in series

boogsawaste

Reefing newb
This question isn't for a fish tank but for my dart frog vivarium. However you guys know more about these pumps then my guys in the other hobby. My question is that I wanted to increase my output of my aqualifter pump and I've heard someone mention one time that they ran 2 in series. Does this work? If it does is it a significant difference? Thanks in advance.

I only have one lifter pump for my overflow, so I can't really help you much. Tagging along out of curiosity....

I was thinking the same thing but that caused me to wonder why the person who said they hooked them up in series did so his way. If I could only remember where I saw it I would contact him.

The other reason in series would work better for me is because I already have the 1 airline hose behind my great stuff expanding foam background and it would be impossible to hook another one up without having a tube visible in there. Or maybe just "t" off of the 1 pickup hose and split it into 2 separate pumps and possibly "t" back into 1 larger hose or the same size and have more pressure.

Anyone have 2 of these pumps laying around that they want to experiment on? :bowdown:

Well since I cannot find any info on it I'm just going to do as another member suggested and uses. Basically just a single feed and a single return, but "t" on each of those and run into/out of 2 aqualifters. He said this helped him out so I'm just going to try that.

Back