Too Many Fish?

Waterdog

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I have a 20 gallon tank that has been up and running for a year and a half now. Currently I have 2 yellow tailed damsels, 1 lawnmower blenny, a peppermint shrimp, and 2 hermit crabs. I also have a good size colony of green button polyps and green star polyps in the tank along with 20 lbs of live rock and 30 lbs live sand. I have never had a skimmer on this tank before so I do 20 percent water changes ever two weeks and so far everyone is happy. But anyway to the real question. My wife would like to add a black and white Ocellaris Clown fish and I know I am pushing the limits of my tank now. Do you think I should remove one of my Damsels to my larger tank??

The only thing that could be a problem is the Damsels killing the clown. Since its been up and running for that long the damsels could be very aggressive to any newcomers but other than that I dont see much of a problem.

Thanks stag. My Damsels are small, I know there still may be a problem with agression since they are evil @#!#s. My main cocern was over loading the tank. I always swore not go more than 3 fish in that tank but you know how that goes. It's a disease!

Yeah ditch the damsels for clowns IMO. You could maybe take them to the store for a little credit towards the new clowns

Back