Too much skimming?

Hopefully by the Fall I will be moving the tank to the basement. The temps stay lower there so, while it will mean more cost to heat it, the temp can be kept a bit lower. Good discussion.

I have several LPS and other corals and I cant get my tank BELOW 82 to save my life, and My LT-Plate and Duncans are growing like mad!

Gotta love Summer in Mississippi.....

Things seem to be taking care of themselves. A week ago I added a hydnophora that one of the local club members had available. I put it at one end of the tank as they can sting other corals and it seems to be doing very well. Temp is still staying around 80 but at least it is consistent.

Thats just where my tank naturally stays.Of course since I got a controller,I got my heaters set to come on at 78.If the temp gets to 79.5 now,my fan kicks on and drops the temp back to 79

I finally put a fan on a timer for when the MH lights go on, so it is staying at 78 now. However, I still have issues with keeping corals so I won't be adding anything for the next several months. The duncans, however, are doing spectacular!?!?!? I just don't get it.

Back