Too warm

gtb

Reefing newb
I am in the process {6 days} of starting a new tank. Sorry a jbj 28g nano.The problem is the room I have it in {the only rm possible} is @ 80-82 deg. Causing the tank to run about 83.3 deg. I can't lower the temp. of the room with out freezing the rest of the house. I feel a chiller would raise the room temp even more.Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance:bowdown::bowdown:

If you can keep it at a consistent temp between 80-83 I think you'll be ok. I keep my JBJ at 82 degrees all the time.

My clip on fans cool my biocube 29 substantially. I do not have to turn on central A/C until the temp gets up near 90. Also, a wall unit AC would be a lot cheaper than a chiller.

If it is steady at 83 dgrees, then no worries about the temps. It is generally the huge swings that will harm the critters in our tanks.

+1 Sen, just make sure you have a plan for when It gets hotter...

try to keep and temp fluctuations within 2 deg. If its Staying steady at 83 than your ok, but careful it wont take much of a spike at all to start doing damage at that high temp...

I have spent this weekend trying the portable fan on the back filter area which is open.It only lowered the temp. .7 degrees.I also thanks to this post will try to keep it within a 2 degree swing.I turned off the heater when I saw the temp so high. Thanks to all. I love this site Gregg

Back