Too White?

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I've had my seabae anemone a few weeks now...maybe a month even. When I got it, it was stark white. It seems to have darkened ever so slighty...isn't it supposed to get more brownish? My condy was very white also when I bought it. Now it's a nice, healthy brown. Don't seabeas to the same thing?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8444.jpg
    IMG_8444.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 404
There's nothing wrong with that sebae.
Notice how the tips have that nice purple to em?
Thats a great looking sebae anemone.:D

It looks like it's getting a little darker, but it's still pretty bleached. It should end up looking like this.
sebae_11-09.jpg

sebae_11-18-09.jpg

Don't alot of places bleach there anemone's ?
Yes, but not on purpose. They can bleach at the LFS when not kept under the proper lighting. You may be thinking about dyed anemones and corals.
DyedCorals

Great guys. Thanks. Saved me a 1/2 hour of internet searching/reading. :)
Nice shots capt. How long have you had it? Did you buy it that large? Impressive!

Nice shots capt. How long have you had it? Did you buy it that large? Impressive!
Thanks. I guess I've had it 6-7 yrs now. It was small, bleached and pitiful looking. ;)

This was a few months after I got it when the color started coming back. You can sort of tell how small it was by the mushroom in the bottom left corner. That's just a normal size shroom.
sebae.jpg

Last edited:
My clowns ignore my seabae. :( I got it hoping they'd stop hosting the corners of my tank and my leather coral. Bummer...

Back