Treating red slime algae

lewsherm9

Reefing newb
I recently treated for red slime algae Using chemi clean. I did a 25% water change the next day as the instructions said and now my fish are struggling to breath and going off color. I moved them to anther tank and they seem fine now but I have no idea what happened in the other tank or how to fix it - any help would be appreciated

was your tank heavily infested with red slime? is your tank aireated? does it have a skimmer, carbon? i've used red slime remover before and had no problems except when it was heavily infested with red slime. i believe the dying red slime pollutes the water so if you have lots of red slime the fish will have issues. i would do a larger water change run carbon and then put the fish back into the tank. once you rid the tank of red slime you might want to add water movement into the tank to help avoid red slime from coming back.

I was responding to the first post about your fish gasping and going off color. I ran carbon after using chemi clean and doing a water change. It was an extra precaution. This stuff works, but follow the directions to a "T"

Back