Trigger fish served eviction papers to mates

CHARLIEANDJAMI

Reefing newb
So, we moved some rocks & our green chromis out today. We noticed our poor shrimp is now missing an arm. :<. On top of that, MR. TCK (Trigger Clown Killer) isn't too happy. Might have eaten the arm during the moving process. He is now attacting the tank if you go up to it..Attacking the clown. He isnt a happy camper..It looks empty. Will be for now, After we are done w/the inwall, we will be switching the trigger, few rocks left, into our 75 gallon & make that 1 nice!
?, do u think we can move the clown & shrimp any time soon to the wall tank? The tanks substrate (sp?) came from our previous tank we had running (100 gal.). It was sealed in a bucket would that make it the = of live sand?

S4020178.jpg

S4020173.jpg

Tanks003.jpg

Jami & Charlie

**Edited to add, sorry about the size of the 3rd pic. I dont know how to shrink it & photobucket didnt shrink it. Sorry..

I would move the clown first... he is going to take a cycle alot better than the shrimp... add the clown see how it goes and when you make sure your ammonia, nitrate cycle is for sure finished then add the shrimp.

Just my thoughts.
Brandon

Im amazed that trigger hasnt eaten everything in the tank, I agree with brandon though, shrimps dont handle cycles well at all, clown is iffy?

Thats what we were thinking about the shrimp.We wernt sure he would make it. So far, the trigger has been really good. Untill lately..He has become very agressive. So we are happy to get the others out of harms way...Not sure what we are going to put with him when the time is right...Gotta think long & hard on that one....I just hate for him to eat my clown now that most of his hiding places are gone :<.

The shrimp losing his arm may not have been the trigger. In his defense. My coral banded has lost an arm several times and I don't think anyone in my tank is too blame. Very nice looking trigger by the way, what kind is it? Hope the move goes well.

Back