Trusting a LFS

mono19

Reefing newb
I'm sure we all have had some pretty bad experiences with some of our local fish stores. I know I have.

I have 3 stores within walking distance of my home and it amazes me the battles that go on between the 3. Well I should say the one going after the other two. I just don't get it. I know most stores would rather make a buck then sell an honest opinion or whatever but it's so selfish to me some of the things this one store does.

Just the other day I was at one of the trusted stores and one of the workers there was pretty ticked. She was holding onto a Peacock Mantis Shrimp that had been killed in a tank because the one store that is bashing the other two sold it to a customer as a Cleaner Shrimp and it killed over a grand worth of fish and snails and crabs. The part that bugs me the most is that it was sold to them by an employee that was unsure of what it was so they asked the store owner if it was a cleaner shrimp and they were like "oh yeah they are great for cleaning" Not only are his employees ill informed of what they have, the owner doesn't seem to care at all about what comes and goes from his store as long as he makes a buck. I wish i could do something about it, but he being an old employee of the stores original owner has a following. And while he sells people the wrong things he is also bashing the other two honest stores. Telling his people awful things.

Anyone on here had to deal with something like this before?

Back