Tunze 9002 Skimmer problem

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by Laz, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Laz

Laz

So I just bought one of these second hand and am having an issue setting it up. Once I put it in the tank, at the correct water line, I have to open up the valve fully to get the bubbles reaching the bottom of the cup. The pipe, from what I know is not crinkled. I've tried my best, and even tried another air pipe numerous times to see if it was because of a loss of air circulation, but that doesn't seem to do it. It's also very noisy. If I try turning the valve down, the bubbles just go way down. I've also tried the infamous Tunze mod, but that made it worse if anything. Same noise and less bubbles. I thought it also may have been because of the lack of water in the mini-sump at the back, so I tried putting it in my display tank but there was still no difference. Any help would be appreciated. Video below.

Laz, Sep 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Laz

SarahSmile :)

It sounds like it's getting too much air, like a hole in the airline or something . They can take a few days to break in.

SarahSmile, Sep 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Laz

Marinne13 Northern Reefer

yeah sounds like it is sucking air

Marinne13, Sep 27, 2013
  4. Laz

Laz

That's probably because the valve is fully open. When I start to close it, the noise starts to ease away, but when I do this, the flow of the bubbles also goes down. I can't have it both ways, and even when it's the noisy way, it's still not functioning correctly. In a bit of a pickle here.

Laz, Sep 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question