turning off my lights

make sure you do water changes while the lights are off

the algea will start to break down and decompose. Then once the lights are on, it will come back because of the nutrients in the tank.

So water changes help remove the nutrients

Brian

I'm going to do a water change tonight should I do more then the one while the lights are out ???

make sure you do water changes while the lights are off

the algea will start to break down and decompose. Then once the lights are on, it will come back because of the nutrients in the tank.

So water changes help remove the nutrients

Brian

okay I am trying to understand your issue. you have algae growth, so you are turning off your lights so it will die off.

your tank has been set up for just over a year? what are your nitrats and phosphates reading? where do you get your water from? livestock & feeding schedule? filtration?

Nitrite0
Nitrates 20-40 just with in the last 2 weeks ??? otherwise they were 0 but I'm sure they really were not 0
amonia 0
Phosphates 0.5
MG 1300
Cal 420
KH196.6 (11 DKH)
PH 7.92 B/4 lights went down for the night
temp 80.2

Water is from my RO/DI system

only a couple of fish right now, we are going to be moving into our new house in 2 month I HOPE so the less fish the less that die during the move.. 1 Lawn mower bleeny, 1 scooter bleeny, 1 clark clown, 2 blue damsels, 1 blk velvet damsel ( the EVIL ONE!!!)

I feed 1x a week frozen foods

I do weekly water changes of 10 gals a week
just bought 20 trochus snails

I do have one MH 250 watt 20K light that is bad waiting to get a new one next week

okay I am trying to understand your issue. you have algae growth, so you are turning off your lights so it will die off.

your tank has been set up for just over a year? what are your nitrats and phosphates reading? where do you get your water from? livestock & feeding schedule? filtration?

your phosphates are high maybe try a phosphate control such as one from blue life it works well. once you get new bulbs tha will help for sure, sounds like your liht spectrem has shifted to the love togrow algae side :)

and now it makes sence to change your light cycle until you get the new bulbs.

with moving be prepared for an algae out break again, from disturbing your sand bed.

I know thats why i want to try and get rid of as much of this crap as possible..

your phosphates are high maybe try a phosphate control such as one from blue life it works well. Once you get new bulbs tha will help for sure, sounds like your liht spectrem has shifted to the love togrow algae side :)

and now it makes sence to change your light cycle until you get the new bulbs.

With moving be prepared for an algae out break again, from disturbing your sand bed.

Back