Type of wrasse?

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
Hello,
I have been trying to figure out if this is a yellow fin fairy wrasse, a carpenter's flasher or something else.

Also any idea if it is male or female?

I would like to get more wrasses but need to figure out what I have.

Also I was looking at anthias. Do anthias get along with fairy or flasher wrasses?

Thanks,
Angie

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 414
Looks like a flasher of some sort, but hard to tell which one. And I have a male + 2 female lyretail trio with my fairy wrasses - no problems what-so-ever. Fairy wrasses haven't paid any attention to them. You should be fine mixing the two!

How are the wrasses working out so far?

Last edited:
Looks like a flasher of some sort, but hard to tell which one. And I have a male + 2 female lyretail trio with my fairy wrasses - no problems what-so-ever. Fairy wrasses haven't paid any attention to them. You should be fine mixing the two!

How are the wrasses working out so far?
We lost our male rooster fairy wrasse and our exquisite as we did have ich and ended up moving, treating fish etc. we lost other fish too, but this wrasse did fine as well as my big yellow tang, this wrasse, ywg and
My scissortail gobies.
Things are returning to normal. I have a quarantine tank set up now.

I did see some fairy or flasher wrasses today at the LFS. They. Were swimming around then they would lay down on the bottom all chilled
Out. It was so funny.

Back