unknown creature and bristle worms

gsxrchris

Reefing newb
hello i need a lil help, i bought a 14 g nano been set up a yr came with live rock some kenyi trees and bristle worms, are the bristle worms really bad they are red and black but dont seem to bother anything, also i notice this thing, looks like a earth worm with the head cut off and a black center on the top, only see the tip of it and disappears when i touch it, any ideas

Welcome to the site.
Bristle worms are probably the best members of your tanks clean up crew.They feed on detritus and uneaten fish food.Their good guys.
The other worm sounds like it probably a peanut worm.They also feed on detritus.
Both are safe.

hey guys thx for puttin my mind at ease, also i have a new problem i bought a torch and this morn my peppermint shrimp tried to make a meal of it i just got 10 pounds of live rock set up so its goin to be hard catchin him :frustrat:

peppermint shrimp are reef safe so i doubt he was eating your coral, he might have been eating something else, or he might have just been hanging out

im pretty sure it was he had bright green pieces in its mouth and pieces floating either way now the tips of the torch are damaged i dont understand why

I'm betting it a camel shrimp if it was eating your coral.
They look a lot like a pepperment and a lot of LFS actually sale them for pepperments.

Yeah, if it was eating your coral, I'd bet it's a camel shrimp too, which are often mistakenly sold for peppermints. Sometimes the color difference is more obvious to see than the hump.

I also agree not to worry about the worms. They are good guys.

Back