Up and running

I would suggest the tiger tail cucumber. I have one and it does a great job of keeping the sand clean. If I may ask, how long has your tank been up and running? If I am not mistaken they need stable water parameters in order to live long term.

Have you been checking the water parameters? If so and if you have noticed no nitrites or ammonia for a week or so then maybe you're okay. If it was me I would wait on the cucumber. They tend to be a little sensitive. That is just my :twocents: .

yea i have done all that my tank has been cycled for a month and a half

NO2 - 0
NO3 - 0
NH3 - 0
Salinity - 1.025
Buffer - 200

Stay with the holothurm species. the blacks are thin skinned and damage easily, once introduced with out injury they are fine. the tiger tail are ok, i like the brown ones that look like the black. but have not seen them for a while. (they look like a turd).
your tank is not ready for a cucumber. they injest the substrait and grind it in their intestines to remove bacteria and other particulate and then poop out a clean product at the other end. it comes out in a roll and breaks back down and mixes with the substrait quickly. you need a well established sand bed and substrait that is not sharp. also the substrait needs to be reef select or fine grade. hope this helps.

Last edited:
oh mighty moderator :bowdown: lol seriously can any one tell me of some sand stirrers i can get? i already have 15 Nassarius Snails i don't want sea stars because i have heard star fish will eat you out of everything. and on the advice of the moderator i am not ready for a cucumber yet so what else is there? :question:

fighting conch will stir the sand some more,but inturn if it gets hungery it my eat your snails.I would just use the snails for now.

I currently agree with minireefer be patient for now unless there is something you need to do with your substrait. is it packing down, are you experiancing calcium fallout? etc etc. if not just sit tight a bit longer. I would recommend the following book; The Marine Aquarium Reference Systems and Invertebrates by Martin A. Moe, Jr. good luck.

it is with great remorse i inform you that one of my tangs died the other day. he was eaten by my condy (i know it sounds strange) every thing else is donig fine. i still have one yellow tang and he is hilarious everytime he sees me he darts back under the rocks. my crabs are getting bold about molting they are starting to do it in the middle of the day now.

INHABITANTS
colt coral
toadstool coral
hairy mushroom
yellow tang
red starfish
green star polyp
turbo snails
hermit crabs

my question is: what do you suggest that i to eat some of the copeods? there are a lot of them on the glass any suggestions?

sand stirrer

I have a fighting conch and sand sifting star in a 55gal. They seem to have plenty to eat. I didn't know the fighting conch would eat my snails, though.
Cool :Cheers:
_Burney

I know this may be a little late, but I just found my cucumber and got a shot of it. I hope this can be helpful to somebody.

DSC00433.JPG

Back