UPDATE on FROGSPAWN and water parameters

Cody010493

Reefing newb
Finally fed my frogspawn today. It ate mysis shrimp so fast seems extremely happy with the water change. Also Got my ammonia and nitrites down to 0 ppm...... all the corals i have are extremely happy will def. get more pics. on here when i get chance... MY dad loves my frogspawn . he doesn't have hardly any corals in his tank just eagle eye and green star polyps but his lights are just reg. t8 lights.... which sucks but he is always in my room looking at my frogspawn. hopefull he won;t have to go back oversize though he is suppose to this august. Im planning on getting him a t5 light fixture. he has a 55 gal. and his tank been established for 2 years now any recommendations to corals ? THANKs

For a 55 gallon tank, either a 4-bulb or 6-bulb T5 fixture would be fine. I ran my old 55 with a 4-bulb T5 and was able to keep anything I wanted.

LPS corals have always been my favorite -- bubble, hammer, fox, blastomussa, acans, plate corals, frogspawn, torch, candy canes... I think he will be happy with any of those. :)

alright . yeah he loves my frogspawn alot and my hammer coral so im hoping to get him prob the 4 bulb . bc it is little cheaper than the 6 bulb lol and maby give him a frogspawn. he has the worst algae problem i have ever seen as well any recomendations. it was green algae but now its like redish stringy looking , almost like cyno. algae ill get some pics of his tank tom. and post for yal to see and to help me identify some critters he has growing. but yeah ill def get him coulple lps corals. he is suppose to leave august for Afghanistan :( which means he will miss my college graduation ;( but maby he will love his tank after i get done with it

New bulbs should help the algae and getting Nitrates and Phosphates to 0 (either with a sump with Macro algae and/or a good skimmer).

Back